The Best Aftercare for Microblading and Permanent Makeup
Permanent makeup is increasingly becoming the go-to solution for various beauty needs. Some of the most common permanent makeup procedures include microblading, Ombre brows, lip tattooing, eye-liner tattooing, henna brow, wax and tint, and brow lamination among others.
These procedures are becoming more popular because they offer long lasting result that save money, time and keep you looking good for a long time. This article looks into the things you need to do to keep your permanent makeup in good shape. Here are the things you need to do before and after your permanent makeup session.
Things to Consider Before Your Appointment
Preparing for your treatment session matters a lot. That’s the reason why you see different results for different individuals at the end of a microblading or any other permanent makeup procedure. Before booking your session, consider the following:
• Avoid taking blood thinning meds and beverages that contain alcohol or caffeine at least 24 hours to your appointment.
• Do not go for other beauty treatments such as waxing, Botox, Radiesse, Voluma, or laser among others for at least 2 weeks before your procedure.
• Do not expose your skin to conditions that make it suffer from sunburns, irritation or any kind of blemish. Taking good care of your skin prior to your appointment will improve the results.
• Avoid taking supplements and other nutritional solutions such as glycolic, vitamin C serums, and retinoid. If possible, avoid the use of supplements for at least 2 weeks before your makeup session.
• Avoid taking medicines such as ibuprofen, aspirin, niacin, Coumadin, vitamin E or fish oil for at least 3 days to your makeup session.
What to Consider After Your Procedure
Every professional makeup artist understands the importance of applying an antibacterial ointment after the makeup procedure. The ointment is meant to prevent any kind of infection and also create a form of barrier for the newly open skin. You are required to wash this ointment off three hours after the procedure. Do this every three hours during the first day.
It’s also recommended that you use lukewarm water and a mild soap to gently wash the treated area once a day. Dry the water and any kind of secretion using a soft paper towel. Avoid any kind of moisture for the next 10 days to ensure the treated area heals and retains its intended colour. This means that you need to be careful when showering because the area should never get wet until it completely heals.
Other things to avoid include swimming, excessive sweating, using saunas and steam rooms or any other activity that might expose the treated area to moisture. Also, do not expose your skin to excessive sun or tanning beds. This is because such conditions may negatively affect the colour into an ashy look.
Lip Tattoo Aftercare ~》Lips are delicate and need to be washed with liquid soap and water for at least 10 days after tattooing. Be gentle when washing your lips and only use your hands. Avoid rubbing or any intense cleaning when blotting the area dry. Apply coconut oil, non-medicated lotion or grapeseed oil for at least 15 seconds after cleaning. Do this multiple times in a day to improve the healing process.
Once the 10 days have elapsed, you can switch to lip gloss with sun block to apply on the tattooed area. This is important in preserving colour. One of the most recommended solutions is SPF 30 sunblock because it offers protection against UVA and UVB that cause fading.
Try to sleep slightly elevated during the healing process to reduce swelling.
Eye-liner Tattoo Aftercare ~》Swelling is one of the most common side effects in permanent eyeliners. However, the extent of swelling differs from one person to another depending on how the body reacts. The eyes might look puffy during the first two days. Experts recommend bathing your eyes using saline. This is especially useful in cases where the eyes feel tight or sore after the procedure. Some of the things to avoid during the healing process is the use of mascara and wearing contact lenses or curl lashes for at least five days.
Microblading & Ombre Brow Tattoo Aftercare ~》Once you have your permanent eyebrows done, the most likely side effect is weeping some clear liquid during the first 24 hours. This is a normal occurrence that should not worry you at all. Use a soft paper towel to blot any residue on the treated area. Avoid thick scabbing because it can result to more loss of pigment. Once you wash the eyebrows using lukewarm water, let it breather and do not apply any other solution.
In case of skin irritation such as itching, use solutions such as grapeseed oil, non-medicated lotion or coconut oil sparingly. This should only be used at least 5 days after the procedure, though it’s important to avoid it if you can.
What to Expect After the Procedure
There might be some discomforts or mild side effects experienced after a permanent makeup session. These are normal short-term effects such as itching that should not worry you much. One of the important things to avoid is peeling, scratching or picking the treated area. Failure to do so might lead to scarring, patchiness or even the possibility of infection. It might also affect colour retention. The following are some of the things to expect after your procedure.
• Drinking a lot of water helps in keeping your skin hydrated.
• People with oilier skin have a pigment that fades quicker due to the skin turning over faster.
• Older people might experience less pigment retention than younger people due to aging factors.
• Too much exposure to the sun fades pigment faster. One of the best solutions is to use SPF after the skin has completely healed.
• A healthy diet is necessary during the healing process.
• Lighter colours will most likely fade quicker than dark colours when used in permanent makeup.
Take the above recommendations into account for a trouble-free experience. For any questions or assistance with microblading or any other permanent makeup procedure, please contact Mary on 0402539867 🤳🏿